Enjoy the best in pet friendly accommodation!
Pet Let offers fantastic pet friendly accommodation in Port Elliot, Goolwa, Encounter Bay, Victor Harbor and near Sorell (close to Hobart in Tasmania).
Do you want a house that allows pets inside but doesn’t compromise on quality, fit out, views or cleanliness? Have you been frustrated that cat and dog friendly accommodation is often 30 years old with furniture from the Salvos? So were we! In 2009, we wanted to rent a nice house where we could take our two dogs (who were used to coming inside), with sea or lake views, lovely outdoor spaces with contemporary facilities, nice furniture, and a great ambience.
We had trouble finding anything that suited. So we decided to buy our own holiday house, set it up the way we wanted it, and then rent it out to other people with pets to enjoy when we could not. This worked well so we were able to add more properties. We were then approached to manage a holiday house for other owners so now we do that too!
See below for more information on our cat and dog friendly accommodation in Goolwa, Port Elliot, Victor Harbor and beyond.
Check out our latest property!
Our latest dog friendly accommodation at Port Elliot is a beautiful property that has been fully renovated. It features:
- new kitchen (with stainless appliances, including dishwasher)
- new bathroom
- polished floors
- painted throughout
- new light fittings
The furniture is either brand new or retro, so it has a retro/beach vibe going on! Other features include:
- 3 bedrooms (all with built-ins – a Queen, a Double, and a bunk)
- open plan living (lounge, dining, kitchen)
- big rear deck with blinds for sun and wind protection (if required)
- views of the mountains
- gas BBQ with wok burner
- a lovely garden, including herb/vegie beds.
It is fully fenced at the rear with a brand new dog fence. It is slightly elevated with beautiful views over the wonderful Lakala Reserve (with two lakes, a kids playground, and a Saturday morning market every second week). Walk 300m to beach, 400m to the fabulous Elliot Hotel & Jelly Cafe, 100m to tennis courts and kids play equipment). Walk your dogs in Lakala Reserve or down to the beach.
You can view pictures of the new house here.
Call Lisa on 0408.818.413 and ask for a discount on bookings in the next 2 weeks.
We currently operate the following holiday houses in South Australia and Tasmania
All are 100% accommodating to pets.
21 Rosetta Street, Port Elliot, SA
Fantastic pet friendly accommodation in Port Elliot, opposite the beautiful Lakala Reserve. 3 bedrooms, 1 bath. Short walk to beach, pub, cafes. Huge deck with lovely hills outlook.
8 Pilot Court, Encounter Bay, SA
3 bedrooms, 1 bath. Sea views from living area + 2 bedrooms. Enclosed area at the back suitable for all weather living or cats! New bathroom. About 7 mins to Victor Harbor and 10 mins walk to the beach. End of a cul-de-sack and next to a reserve so it is extremely quiet and safe for kids and animals.
16 Krill Court, Encounter Bay, SA
3 bedrooms, 1 bath. House is only 2 years old. Stainless steel appliances. Huge deck with sea views to Victor. Directly opposite a lake/billabong with abundant bird life. Also located at the end of a cul-de-sac and next to a reserve so it’s peaceful and safe for your kids and pets. About 7 mins to Victor Harbor and 8 mins walk to the beach.
46 Islander Drive, Encounter Lakes, SA
This is our flagship property. 4 bedrooms, 3 bathrooms. One bedroom and bathroom is downstairs, the rest are upstairs. Main bedroom is very large with magnificent lake views, en suite and big walk-in robe. The house is located right on the lake with its own private beach. It is a 4-minute walk to the beach at Encounter Bay and about 5 minutes from Victor Harbor.
22 Colman Road, Goolwa South, SA
Experience the ultimate in Goolwa pet friendly accommodation. 3 bedrooms, 1 bath. Gorgeous, tropical outdoor living space off the indoor living area. Fold back the bi-fold doors and let the outdoors in! Also private outdoor space at the back. Lovely backyard with big trees and lots of birds. Separate rumpus room with pool table. Contemporary kitchen, bathroom and laundry. 4 minutes’ walk to the river (and to the Aquacaf Gourmet Cafe!), 2 minutes’ walk to the golf course and 15 minutes’ walk to the beach (and Bombora restaurant!).
29 Midden Road, Primrose Sands, Tasmania
2 bedroom, 1 bath. Absolute river front – not even a road between you and the river to spoil the view. A 30-second walk to a secluded little river beach. It truly is beautiful. House was refurbished in 2011.
Rear deck overlooks the river. Combustion stove for cosy winter snuggles. This house is relatively secluded and a little bit off the beaten track (45 minutes to Hobart CBD and 25 minutes to the airport).
As well as our pet friendly accommodation, we also have a short-term apartment at Norwood, just 5 minutes from the Adelaide CBD. Because of the strata corporation rules, this property is, unfortunately, NOT pet friendly. We have a lot of people who come to Adelaide for work or holidays (usually to visit family) stay there. If you have colleagues, family or friends coming to Adelaide that are looking for an affordable, comfortable place to stay near the city, this could be the spot! It has 2 bedrooms, 1 bathroom and a car park. The kitchen was new in 2012 – funky gloss red with stainless steel appliances.
71 Seaview Victor Harbor
This is a new property with brand new furnishings ready to go! The Beach House on Seaview is a great place for all types of travellers from families through to individual travellers looking to escape to the seaside and take in the views, sites and attractions of Victor Harbor and the surrounding areas and towns. The Beach House on Seaview comfortably sleeps upto 6 people which makes it great for families.
If you have any questions or would like to book our cat or dog friendly accommodation, please call Lisa on 0408.818.413.
Pets on Holiday
Check Us Out on Facebook
- You can bring your dogs and cats!
- Your pets are allowed inside.
- Each property has a fully fenced back yard (if your dog is an escape artist please talk to us before booking - some fences are lower than others).
- 8 Pilot Ct EB has a fully enclosed verandah area - fabulous for cats!
- Three properties have a reserve next door for walking your dogs off the road.
- We supply pet food bowls.
- We supply kitty litter and a tray at the Goolwa/Enc Bay/Enc lakes properties (on request).
Tips for Travelling with Pets
- Pack their bedding and favourite toys (this will help them to relax in the new space).
- Pack their usual pet food.
- Pack old towels/sheets or blankets to protect the furniture if your animals like to jump on sofas/beds.
- Check that the place you are staying allows pets (cats and/or dogs), and allows them inside.
- Check that the fences will be suitable for your dog.
- Check that your pet is up to date with vaccinations, flea and worm control and is healthy.
- Make sure they are wearing a collar with an ID tag before you leave.
- Once you arrive, keep your cat inside for a few days (so you will need a kitty litter tray). When walking, keep your dog on a lead for a few days until they are used to the area.
- Find the contact details and address of the nearest vet (just in case!).
- If your dog is a barker when you are absent, take your dog with you when you go out. It will be distressing for your dog and the neighbours if your dog is barking/howling for hours on end.
Tips for Car Travel with Pets
Give your cat or dog a small amount of food before you leave and some more when they arrive.
Exercise your dog before you leave.
If your dog gets anxious, rub a bit of lavender oil on your hands, then give them a massage.
Have a portable water bowl for them in the car (this can also be used when you take them to the beach/river or park).
Keep cats and small dogs in a cage and large dogs in a pet harness - otherwise they could be seriously injured in an accident.
Have an old towel for them to sleep on in case of car sickness.
Have regular breaks for your dog - at least every 3 hours.
In hot weather, do not leave your pets in the car for more than a few minutes. Make sure they have ventilation.
Talk to your pet in a reassuring, calming voice during the trip - particularly if they cannot see you.