Q: How do we book?
Answer: You can book on this website – there is a Booking button on each property description page. Or just email us with your booking request and we will email you back all the details.
If you’re not sure which property will best suit your holiday requirements, just send us a booking concierge request. Our awesome customer service team will find you the perfect property for your perfect holiday.
Q: How do we pay for our booking?
Answer: There are three ways to pay:
Bank Transfer – transfer the funds directly to our bank account. We will send you the bank account details by email as they vary for each property.
Credit card – you can pay by MasterCard or Visa over the phone. There is a 1% bank fee.
Paypal – if you have a paypal account or you wish to pay by AMEX, this is the best payment option. There is a 2.5% paypal fee.
More information about payments can be found on our Booking Payments page.
Q: Is linen supplied?
Answer: Yes it is! We supply all bed linen for the specified number of people. The only thing you need to bring are towels and your own sheet or rug to cover furniture (beds, sofas etc) if your dog or cat is likely to get up on the furniture.
Q: What else do you provide?
Answer: A full list of all the things we provide at the house will be sent to you in the information pack, once your booking is confirmed. We will also suggest some things you might want to bring with you.
Basically though we provide:
- All furniture
- All appliances
- All bed linen
- All kitchen requirements (crockery, cutlery, cooking equipment)
- Entertainment (tv, books, dvds, cds, games)
- Outdoor living requirements (furniture, BBQ etc)
Q: Are all properties fully fenced and how high are the fences?
Answer: All our properties are 100% pet friendly and so are fully fenced. However, the fence height and type of fence varies at each property. The list below is in order of the highest, most secure fencing to the lowest fencing.
- 71 Seaview Rd Victor Harbor – the backyard is completely enclosed with 1.8M colour bond fencing. There is no gap underneath the fence or between panels.
- 18 Franklin Parade Encounter Bay – the backyard is completely enclosed with 1.8M zincalume fencing. There is no gap underneath the fence or between panels.
- 6 Eaton Rd Goolwa Beach – at the back of the house, a lawned area is fully fenced. At its lowest point, the fence is approx 1.2M high. This part of the fence is pool fencing. Most of the fence is corrugated iron.
- 22 Colman Rd Goolwa South – at its lowest point, the fence is approx 1.2M high. The fencing is different in different parts of the garden.
- 21 Rosetta Tce Port Elliot – the back yard is fully fenced. The fence is dog proof wire fencing and is approx 1.2M high.
- 16 Krill Court Encounter Bay – The property has a rear, fully fenced lawned area, accessible form the deck via a boardwalk. This is the prefect place for dogs to have a fully secure run! The fence is approx 1200MM high.
- 46 Islander Dr Encounter Bay – there is a courtyard area at the side of the house that is completely enclosed to about 1.8M. There is a very small gap underneath the two gates (one at either end of the court yard). The rear yard (facing the lake) is fully fenced but on the lake side it has a low pool fence of approx 900mm.
- 12 Solitude Dr Carrickalinga – the rear yard (facing the lake) is fully fenced but at its lowest point the fence is approx 900mm. There are some small gaps under this fence also.
- 1 Gregory St Port Elliot – the property is fully fenced with a maximum height of approx 1.5m colour bond fence at the rear of the property. The side fences are at a maximum height of approx 1.2m. The front of the property is fenced to a maximum height of approx 1m.
- 33 Clipper Ct Encounter Bay – there is a courtyard area at the side of the house that is completely enclosed to about 1.8M. There is a very small gap underneath the gate that goes through to the backyard. The rear yard (facing the lake) is fully fenced but on the lake side it has a low pool fence of approx 900mm.
- 11 Beaumont St Pt Elliot – the rear of this property is fully enclosed with 1.8M high colour bond fencing.
- 416 Seven Mile Road, Noonameena via Meningie – the rear of the property is fully fenced.
- 34 Wenworth – The backyard is fully fenced with 1800 high colourbond.
Q: Which properties have baths?
- 46 Islander Drive Encounter Bay – small, square bath
- 18 Franklin Parade Encounter Bay – deep, full bath
- 33 Clipper Ct Encounter Bay – full bath
- 6 Eaton Rd Goolwa Beach – full bath
- 21 Rosetta Tce Pt Elliot – full bath
- 1 Gregory St Port Elliot – full bath
- 6 Eaton Rd Goolwa Beach – full bath
- 11 Beaumont St Pt Elliot – deep, standalone bath
- 416 Seven Mile Road, Noonameena via Meningie – has a small bath
The other properties have showers only.
Q: Are there any properties without stairs?
Answer: We have a few properties that are suitable for people and animals with mobility issues:
- 46 islander Drive – this house has the main living area, kitchen, one bedroom and a bathroom plus separate toilet on the ground level. There are another two bedrooms, two bathrooms and a second living area upstairs.
- 22 Colman Rd – there is a very gentle ramp up to the main level of the house. Both front and rear decks and most of the house is on this level. However, there is a sunken lounge with one step down from the main level of the house.
- 6 Eaton Rd – there are approx three stairs up to the level of the decks and the house.
- 16 Krill Ct – there are approx three stairs up to the level of the deck and the house.
- 21 Rosetta Tce – there are approx three stairs up to the level of the decks and the house.
- 33 Clipper Ct – this property is all on one level with no stairs front or back (though there is a 40mm door frame for the front door and the rear bi-folds to step over).
- 1 Gregory St Pt Elliot – there is a ramp from the carport up to the level of the house. Once at house level, everything is on one level. Off the front deck, there are two or three steps down to the ground level.
- 11 Beaumont St Pt Elliot – the kitchen, dining, lounge room, deck, and main bedroom with ensuite are all on one level (though there are a couple of stairs to get to this ground floor level). The other two bedrooms, and second living area are on the first floor.
- 416 Seven Mile Road, Noonameena via Meningie – there are two stairs up to the level of the deck and the house. Then everything is on the one level.
- Glen Allen Road Middleton – all living areas, bedrooms and bathroom are at ground level. The games room and the decks are upstairs.
- 29 Stacey Dr Carrickalinga – there are two steps up to the deck and house level. Once up there, everything is on the same level.
- 7 Virgin – there is one step up to the deck and house level. Then all areas are on the one level.
The other properties have living areas upstairs and so are not suitable for people or animals with mobility issues.
Q: Which properties are most suitable for cats?
Answer: Cats are very welcome at all properties. We are in the process of netting some outside areas so that visiting cats will have safe and secure outdoor spaces. The first property to have cat netting will be 22 Colman Rd Goolwa South. Stay tuned for updates (or email us to be kept informed about our progress).
Q: Which properties have free internet/wi-fi?
Answer: There are seven properties that have free wi-fi. As of June 2016, the properties with free wi-fi are:
- 18 Franklin Parade Encounter Bay (NBN)
- 46 Islander Dr Encounter Bay (NBN)
- 33 Clipper Ct Encounter Bay (NBN)
- 21 Rosetta Terrace Port Elliot (NBN)
- 1 Gregory St Port Elliot (NBN)
- 16 Krill Ct Encounter Bay (NBN)
- Kensington Rd, Norwood (ADSL2)
Q: Which properties are close to the ocean/lake/river?
- 18 Franklin Pde Encounter Bay – this is esplanade frontage, so it is 30 steps to the beach.
- 46 islander Dr Encounter Lakes – this is on the lake with its own private beach. It is less than 6 mins walk to the beach (flat).
- 6 Eaton Rd Goolwa Beach – about 1 minute walk to the beach as it’s right on the sand dunes.
- 12 Solitude Dr Carrickalinga – about 2 mins walk to the beach (flat).
- 21 Rosetta Tce Pt Elliot – its about 5 minutes walk to the beach (up a very slight hill then downhill), and across the road to Lakala Reserve with two small lakes.
- 16 Krill Ct Encounter Bay – located on Jagger Dam, 8 mins walk to the beach (downhill)
- 22 Colman Rd Goolwa South – 4 mins walk to the Murray River (and the Aquacaf) and approx 20 mins walk to Goolwa Beach.
- 71 Seaview rd Victor Harbor – about 10 mins walk to the beach (downhill).
- 1 Gregory St Port Elliot – located on a reserve and approximately 1.2 kms to the beach.
- 12 Solitude Dr Carrickalinga – has incredible sea views and is about a 4 min walk to the beach.
- 33 Clipper Ct Encounter Bay – this property is on the lake with its own floating pontoon and kayak. It is about a 3 minute walk to the beach (flat).
- 11 Beaumont St Pt Elliot – this property has lovely sea views from the big top deck and is about a 6 minute walk to the beach.
Q: How many people can stay?
Answer: Our standard rate includes up to 6 people (children and adults). Please let us know if you will have extra people staying and we will advise of the price.
Q: How many dogs can stay?
Answer: The Victor Harbor council restricts the number of dogs at any residential premises to two. So unfortunately, we can only allow a max of two dogs to stay at our properties in Encounter Bay, Victor Harbor. The other councils do not have the same restriction, so more than two dogs are welcome as long as they do not disturb the neighbours.
Q: Are there any restrictions on the size of the dog?
Answer: No! You are welcome to bring both your Chihuahua and your Great Dane! Just check the fencing FAQ to make sure that the fencing is suitable for your dog.
Q: Do you do one night stays?
Answer: Only in rare circumstances. It is very difficult to get all the linen washed and dried in less than 18 hours. So we have a minimum of 2 nights ordinarily and 3 or 4 nights at special times (such as long weekends, Easter and Christmas).
Q: Is the cleaning/linen fee optional?
Answer: After guests leave the place as they found it, the property still takes 2-3 hours to clean (it varies for the different sized properties as reflected in the cleaning fee charged) regardless of how long the guests have stayed or how many guests stayed. All surfaces (floors, bench tops, furniture etc) need to be cleaned, bathrooms need to be cleaned, all beds need to be stripped completely and re-made, the outdoor spaces need to be wiped down and swept, any moved items need to be returned to their original location, all lights are checked, and anything else that needs to be done is done. Then there is the dirty linen to be delivered for washing. It costs us more than we charge for cleaning and linen. So it’s not negotiable unfortunately. This way we can guarantee that the property will be 100% fresh and ready for every guest – regardless of who has stayed before them.
Q: How do we get the keys?
Answer: All of our properties either have digital keyless entry systems or key safes. You do not need to pick up the keys from an office on the way to the property. You can arrive at the property at any time after the designated check in time and get immediate access. We will send you instructions for how to get access and the code a few days before your stay.
Q: When will I get my bond back?
Answer: When the cleaner cleans the property after your stay, they also check that it has been left in good order. If all is fine (and it is 99.9% of the time!), your bond will be refunded within 3 working days. If you paid by credit card to us, we will refund your bond to your card. If you paid by bank transfer, please email us your account name, BSB and account no after your stay. We will then put your refund into the payments queue for processing.
Q: I’ve left something at the property. Can you post it back?
Answer: This happens a lot more often that you might think! Each time we post something back we need to pay for postage AND for the cleaners time (and expense) in taking it to the post office, packaging it, posting it, then returning home again. Cost to return will be $20 (for the cleaner) plus the cost of postage. This can be deducted from your bond. Alternatively, you can pick it up from PetLet HQ at Encounter Bay (email or text or call to make arrangements).
Q: Can I have an early check in or late check out?
Answer: Due to the time it takes to clean the properties and the tightness of the cleaning schedules, we are unable to accommodate changes to the checkout/arrival times.
Q: Any Other Questions?
Answer: Please send us an email, text or just call us (ph: 0408 818 413). We are always very happy to answer your questions.