Here are the answers to our most Frequently Asked Questions. If there’s a question you have that isn’t answered here, please get in touch with our friendly team via email, live chat or phone.
Q: How do we book?
Answer: You can book on this website – there is a “Check Rates/Dates” button on each property description page. This takes you to our booking system where you can enter your dates and see all available properties, or just check the calendar for one property. Alternatively, you can email us with your booking request, and we will email you back a quote.
If you’re not sure which property will best suit your holiday requirements, just send us a booking concierge request or give us a call. Our awesome customer service team will find you the perfect property for your perfect holiday.
Q: How do we pay for our booking?
Answer: There are three ways to pay:
Bank Transfer – transfer the funds directly to our bank account. You will see our bank account details when you use our booking system, or they will be in the email we send you when we quote.
Credit card – you can pay by MasterCard or Visa over the phone. There is a 1% bank fee.
BPAY – the payment details are generated when you make a booking online or by request to our customer service team.
More information about payments can be found on our Booking Payments page.
Q: Is linen supplied?
Answer: Yes, it is! We supply all bed linen for the specified number of people. The only thing you need to bring are towels and your own sheet or rug to cover furniture (beds, sofas etc.) if your dog or cat is likely to get up on the furniture.
Q: What else do you provide?
Answer: A full list of all the things we provide at the house will be sent to you in the information pack, once your booking is confirmed. We will also suggest some things you might want to bring with you.
Basically, though we provide:
- All furniture
- All appliances
- All bed linen
- All kitchen requirements (crockery, cutlery, cooking equipment)
- Entertainment (TV, books, DVDs, CDs, games)
- Outdoor living requirements (furniture, BBQ etc.)
- At some properties, recreational equipment such as billiard table, table tennis table, kayaks.
Q: Are all properties fully fenced and how high are the fences?
Answer: All our properties are 100% pet friendly and so are fully fenced. However, the fence height and type of fence varies at each property…
- 18 Franklin Parade, Encounter Bay – the backyard is completely enclosed with 1.8m Zincalume fencing. There is no gap underneath the fence or between panels. The backyard is paved. The front yard has lawn but isn’t fenced.
- 71 Seaview Road, Victor Harbor – the backyard is completely enclosed with 1.8m Colorbond fencing. There is no gap underneath the fence or between panels. The backyard is mainly paving and garden. There is a pergola for shade.
- 21 Rosetta Terrace, Port Elliot – the back yard is fully fenced. The fence is dog proof wire fencing and is approx. 1.2m high. The back yard is garden. There is a big park across the road for dogs that love a good run-on grass.
- 16 Krill Court, Encounter Bay – The property has a rear, fully fenced lawned area, accessible form the deck via a boardwalk. This is the perfect place for dogs to have a fully secure run! The fence is approx. 1.2m high.
- 46 Islander Drive, Encounter Bay – there is a courtyard area at the side of the house that is completely enclosed to about 1.8M. There is a very small gap underneath the two gates (one at either end of the courtyard). The rear yard (facing the lake) is fully fenced but on the lake side it has a low pool fence of approx 900mm. The back yard is lawn.
- 12 Solitude Drive, Carrickalinga – the rear yard (facing the ocean) is fully fenced but at its lowest point the fence is approx. 900mm. There are some small gaps under this fence also. The backyard is garden. The front yard has lawn, but it is not fenced.
- 1 Gregory Street, Port Elliot – the property is fully fenced with a maximum height of approx. 1.5m Colorbond fence at the rear of the property. The side fences are at a maximum height of approx. 1.2m. The front of the property is fenced to a maximum height of approx. 1m. There is lawn around most of the property.
- 33 Clipper Court, Encounter Bay – there is a courtyard area at the side of the house that is completely enclosed to about 1.8M. There is a very small gap underneath the gate that goes through to the backyard. The rear yard (facing the lake) is fully fenced but on the lake side it has a low pool fence of approx. 900mm. The backyard has lawn.
- 10 Bartel Boulevard, Encounter Bay – the rear yard is fully enclosed with 1.8m Colorbond fencing. The small courtyard area is paved.
- 416 Seven Mile Road, Noonameena via Meningie – has wire mesh fencing, about 900mm high. Soil is sandy so a very keen dog could dig under. The gates are rigid mesh.
- 24/45 St. Andrews Boulevard, Normanville – the backyard is fully fenced with 1.2m Stratco pool fencing. Please note that at this stage very small dogs could get out between the bars until modifications are made.
- 138 Newell Avenue, Middleton – the rear yard is fully fenced with Colorbond to 1.2m. The yard has a large lawn area.
Q: Which properties have baths?
- 46 Islander Dr, Encounter Bay – small, square bath
- 18 Franklin Pde, Encounter Bay – deep, full bath
- 33 Clipper Ct, Encounter Bay – full bath
- 1 Gregory St, Port Elliot – full bath
- 416 Seven Mile Rd, Noonameena via Meningie – small bath
- 54 Blanche Pde, Hindmarsh Island – full-sized bath
- 2/20 Clipper Ct, Encounter Bay – spa bath
- 36 Newland St, Victor Harbor – with bath
- 38 Wright Tce, Encounter Bay – with bath
- 7 Padman Cres, Encounter Bay – with bath
- 24 Minke Whale, Encounter Bay – with bathtub
- 3/18 Franklin Parade, Encounter Bay – with bathtub
- 21 White Close, Encounter Bay – with bath
- 1/31 Franklin Pde, Encounter Bay – with bathtub
- 32 Tabernacle Rd, Encounter Bay – with bathtub
- 9 Boult St, Goolwa – with bathtub
- 40A William St, Victor Harbor – with bathtub
- 10 Esplanade, Victor Harbor – with bathtub
- 148 Newell Ave, Middleton – with bathtub
- 47 Goolwa Channel Dr, Hindmarsh Island – with bathtub
- 54 Blanche Pde, Hindmarsh Island – with bathtub
- 150B Esplanade, Aldinga Beach – with bathtub
- 2C Plymouth St, Aldinga Beach – with bathtub
- 24/45 St. Andrews Blvd, Normanville – with bathtub
- 35 Central Dr, Victor Harbor – with bathtub
- 6 Fluke Ct, Encounter Bay – with bathtub
- 70 Addis St, Lamington WA – with bathtub
The other properties have showers only.
Q: Are there any properties without stairs?
Answer: We have a few properties that are suitable for people and animals with mobility issues:
- 46 Islander Drive. Encounter Bay – this house has the main living area, kitchen, one bedroom and a bathroom (shower) plus separate toilet on the ground level. There are another two bedrooms, two bathrooms and a second living area upstairs.
- 16 Krill Court, Encounter Bay – there are approx. three stairs up to the level of the deck and the house.
- 21 Rosetta Terrace, Port Elliot – there are approx. three stairs up to the level of the decks and the house.
- 33 Clipper Court, Encounter Bay – this property is all on one level with no stairs front or back (though there is a 40mm door frame for the front door and the rear bi-folds to step over).
- 1 Gregory Street, Port Elliot – there is a ramp from the carport up to the level of the house. Once at house level, everything is on one level. Off the front deck, there are two or three steps down to the ground level.
- 416 Seven Mile Road, Noonameena via Meningie – there are two stairs up to the level of the deck and the house. Then everything is on the one level.
- 138 Newell Avenue, Middleton – the house is all on one level. There is a standalone shower.
The other properties have living areas upstairs and so are not suitable for people or animals with mobility issues.
Q: Which properties are most suitable for cats?
Answer: Cats are very welcome at all properties. We are in the process of netting some outside areas so that visiting cats will have safe and secure outdoor spaces.
Q: Which properties have free internet/Wi-Fi?
Answer: All properties have internet/Wi-Fi except 45SA.
- 1/18 Franklin Pde, Encounter Bay
- 33 Clipper Ct, Encounter Bay
- 46 Islander Dr, Encounter Bay
- 16 Krill Ct, Encounter Bay
- 1/49 Franklin Pade, Encounter Bay
- 10 Bartel Blvd, Encounter Bay
- 3/18 Franklin Pde, Encounter Bay
- 6 Bartel Blvd, Encounter Bay
- 21 White Close, Encounter Bay
- 38 Wright Tce, Encounter Bay
- 1/31 Franklin Pde, Encounter Bay
- 2/20 Clipper Ct, Encounter Bay
- 32 Tabernacle Rd, Encounter Bay
- 24 Minke Whale, Encounter Bay
- 14 Carnegie St, Port Elliot
- 21 Rosetta Tce, Port Elliot
- 13 Chibnall St, Port Elliot
- 1 Gregory St, Port Elliot
- 8 Neighbour Ave, Goolwa
- 7 Boult St, Goolwa
- 9 Boult St, Goolwa
- 27 Simpson St, Goolwa
- 25 Simpson St, Goolwa South
- 59 Shepherd Ave, Goolwa South
- 31 Hewett Rd, Goolwa
- 12 Solitude Dr, Carrickalinga
- 148 Newell Ave, Middleton
- 138 Newell Ave, Middleton
- 7 Padman Cres, Middleton
- 72 Hindmarsh Rd, McCracken
- 54 Blanche Pde, Hindmarsh Island
- 47 Goolwa Channel Dr, Hindmarsh Island
- 71 Seaview Rd, Victor Harbor
- 40A William St, Victor Harbor
- 10 Esplanade, Victor Harbor
- 36 Newland St, Victor Harbor
- 2C Plymouth St, Aldinga Beach
- 150B Esplanade, Aldinga Beach
- 12 Addington Cross, West Beach, Esperance
- 416 Seven Mile Rd, Noonameena via Meningie
- 1/27 Clipper Ct, Encounter Bay
- 14 Watson Cres, Port Elliot
- 6 Fluke Ct, Encounter Bay
- 35 Central Dr, Victor Harbor
- 70 Addis St, Lamington WA
Q: Which properties are close to the ocean/lake/river?
- 18 Franklin Pde, Encounter Bay – this is esplanade frontage, so it is 30 steps to the beach. Has wonderful ocean views.
- 46 Islander Dr, Encounter Lakes – this is on the lake with its own private beach. Beautiful views including at night when the lights reflect off the lake. It is less than 6 mins walk to the beach (flat).
- 138 Newell Ave, Middleton – beautiful ocean views through a reserve. About 1-minute walk to the beach.
- 12 Solitude Dr, Carrickalinga –has incredible sea views and is about a 4-minute walk to the beach.
- 21 Rosetta Tce, Port Elliot – it’s about a 5-minute walk to the beach (up a very slight hill then downhill), and across the road to Lakala Reserve with two small lakes.
- 16 Krill Ct, Encounter Bay – located on Jagger Dam, 8 mins walk to the beach (downhill). Has lovely views of the lake and some sea views.
- 71 Seaview Rd, Victor Harbor – about 10 mins walk to the beach (downhill).
- 1 Gregory St, Port Elliot – located on a reserve and approximately 1.2 km to the beach.
- 33 Clipper Ct, Encounter Bay – this property is on the lake with its own floating pontoon and kayak. Lovely views. It is about a 5-minute walk to the beach (flat).
- 24 Minke Whale, Encounter Bay – overlooking Lake Jagger and offering magnificent sea views of Encounter Bay through to Granite Island about 10-15 walk to the beach.
- 47 Goolwa Channel Dr, Hindmarsh Island – Perfect for those who enjoy boating, skiing, kayaking (double kayak and children’s kayak are provided), swimming or just sitting on your private jetty enjoying the spectacular views of the Coorong.
- 3/18 Franklin Pde, Encounter Bay – Ocean View.
- 1/31 Franklin Pde, Encounter Bay – Located in one of SA’s best coastal playgrounds, this beautiful, oceanfront townhouse offers much more than meets the eye. This room faces the ocean and the balcony beyond.
- 150B Esplanade, Aldinga Beach – Directly across from the beach with magnificent ocean views from both the downstairs and upstairs living areas, and of course the upstairs balcony, taking in the beach from Port Willunga down to Sellicks Hill Range rolling down to the ocean.
- 1/49 Franklin Pde, Encounter Bay – home is situated right on the seafront with lovely views of Encounter Bay, Wright Island, and the Bluff. Just walk across the road and you are on the beach!
- 416 Seven Mile Rd, The Coorong – you will have access to kayaks (two single and one tandem, with lifejackets), which can be launched from the settlement beach. With favourable weather, you can cross the 2.4km lagoon and walk across the dunes to the ocean beach.
- 72 Hindmarsh Rd, Mccracken – with an absolute beachfront, sitting proudly in one of the most spectacular locations ever created! has views of the Hindmarsh River wetlands, teeming with birdlife.
- 10 Esplanade, Victor Harbor – superb property is a luxury oceanfront holiday home in the heart of Victor Harbor. three big upstairs bedrooms all with ocean views.
- 2/20 Clipper Ct, Encounter Bay – facing lakefront townhouse has beautiful views from the living and dining areas (downstairs) plus two of the three bedrooms (upstairs).
- 54 Blanche Pde, Hindmarsh Island – facing lakefront townhouse has beautiful views from the living and dining areas (downstairs) plus two of the three bedrooms (upstairs).
- 36 Newland St, Victor Harbor – Located just one street from the beach.
- 6 Bartel Blvd, Encounter Bay – Sea view. From the front of the house, you can see the ocean, just 60m away.
- 28 Esplanade, Victor Harbor – Positioned in a quieter pocket of the Esplanade in the Victor town centre enjoying stunning sea and coastal views from both levels.
- 1/27 Clipper Ct, Encounter Bay – This gorgeous 2-storey luxurious waterfront home is located in the premium area of Encounter Lakes and is just a short walk to the oceanfront and Franklin Parade.
- 35 Central Dr, Victor Harbor – This near-new home is perfect for a coastal getaway – in the sought-after holiday location in Victor Harbor, on the lake, and close to popular reserves and swimming spots, cafes, shops, and the beach.
- 148 Newell Ave, Middleton – With spectacular ocean views through the Surfers Parade Reserve, this delightful property has just been renovated in Hamptons coastal style.
- 14 Watson Cres, Port Elliot – A lovely, contemporary 3-bedroom beach house nestled in a quiet cul de sac 5-minute walk to the beach or to the town centre across the lovely Lakala reserve.
- 32 Tabernacle Rd, Encounter Bay – The beach is a short, flat walk to the end of the street, the lake with its own public beach and park is just a few hundred metres away, and the hidden wetland walks of Encounter Waters are a few minutes walk on the other side of the street.
- 10 Bartel Blvd, Encounter Bay – Beautifully located in Encounter Bay, three houses back from the beach and the Encounter Lake is perfect for swimming, kayaking and paddle boarding from its protected sandy beach.
Q: Which properties have fireplace?
- 9 Boult St, Goolwa
- 148 Newell Ave, Middleton
- 31 Hewett Rd, Goolwa South
- 12 Solitude Dr, Carrickalinga
- 14 Carnegie St, Port Elliot – Outdoor firepit
- 46 Neighbour Ave, Goolwa Beach
- 47 Goolwa Channel Dr, Hindmarsh Island – Indoor Wood Heater
- 7 Padman Cres, Middleton
- 59 Shepherd Ave, Goolwa – Outdoor firepit
- 76 Newell Ave, Middleton – Combustion stove
- 54 Blanche Pde, Hindmarsh Island – Combustion wood heater
- 21 White Close, Encounter Bay
Q: How many people can stay?
Our standard rate includes up to 2 people (children and adults). Please let us know if you will have extra people staying and we will advise of the price. Extra people are only permitted up to the capacity of the property.
Q: How many dogs can stay?
Answer: The Victor Harbor council restricts the number of dogs at any residential premises to two. So unfortunately, we can only allow a max of two dogs to stay at our properties in Encounter Bay and Victor Harbor. The other councils do not have the same restriction, so more than two dogs are welcome as long as they do not disturb the neighbours. This applies to properties in Port Elliot, Middleton and Goolwa.
Q: Are there any restrictions on the size of the dog?
Answer: No! You are welcome to bring both your Chihuahua and your Great Dane! Just check the fencing FAQs to make sure that the fencing is suitable for your dog.
Q: Do you do one-night stays?
Answer: Only in rare circumstances. It is very difficult to get all the linen washed and dried in less than 18 hours. So, we have a minimum of 2 nights ordinarily and 3 or 4 nights at special times (such as long weekends, Easter and Christmas).
Q: Is the cleaning/linen fee optional?
Answer: After guests leave the place as they found it, the property still takes 2-3 hours to clean (it varies for the different sized properties as reflected in the cleaning fee charged) regardless of how long the guests have stayed or how many guests stayed. All surfaces (floors, bench tops, furniture etc.) need to be cleaned, bathrooms need to be cleaned, all beds need to be stripped completely and re-made, the outdoor spaces need to be wiped down and swept, any moved items need to be returned to their original location, all lights are checked, and anything else that needs to be done is done. Then there is the dirty linen to be delivered for washing. It costs us more than we charge for cleaning and linen. So, it’s not negotiable unfortunately. This way we can guarantee that the property will be 100% fresh and ready for every guest – regardless of who has stayed before them.
Q: How do we get the keys?
Answer: All of our properties either have digital keyless entry systems or key safes. You do not need to pick up the keys from an office on the way to the property. You can arrive at the property at any time after the designated check in time and get immediate access. We will send you instructions for how to get access and the code a few days before your stay.
Q: When will I get my bond back?
Answer: When the cleaner cleans the property after your stay, they also check that it has been left in good order. If all is fine (and it is 99.9% of the time!), your bond will be refunded within 3 working days. If you paid by credit card to us, we will refund your bond to your card. If you paid by bank transfer, please email us your account name, BSB and account no after your stay.
Q: I’ve left something at the property. Can you post it back?
Answer: This happens a lot more often that you might think! Each time we post something back we need to pay for postage AND for the cleaner’s time (and expense) in taking it to the post office, packaging it, posting it, then returning home again. Cost to return will be $20 (for the cleaner) plus the cost of postage. This can be deducted from your bond.
Q: Can I have an early check in or late check out?
Answer: Due to the time it takes to clean the properties and the tightness of the cleaning schedules, we are unable to accommodate changes to the checkout/arrival times.
Q: Why is there a 4 pm check in on some properties?
Pet Let properties have different check in and check out times, depending on the property. Mostly, check in will be either 2pm or 4pm. Please take note of this check in time when you book.
Properties that have a 4pm check in time also have a 12 noon check out time. We understand that 4pm is later than some check in times, but 12 noon is later than most check out times. We find that most guests appreciate the later check out time – no one likes to rush to get out on the last day of their stay – and the check in time of 4pm allows them to have a look around town and grab a coffee before arriving. This 4-hour window between check out and check in is required to make sure the house is cleaned before you arrive.
Sometimes though, guests would like to arrive earlier. If you would like an early check in, we may be able to accommodate that provided the housekeeping has been completed. Please check the day before you are due to arrive, and we will see if this is possible. We cannot confirm early check in earlier than this. If it is a case of needing to put things in the fridge, we can often allow that as it does not impact the housekeeping, so let us know the day before you arrive, and we will arrange it with the housekeeper if possible.
Q: Are dogs allowed on the Beach at Victor harbor?
Answer: In the Victor Harbor Council area, dogs on the beach (where dogs are permitted) must be on a leash between the hours of 10am and 8pm during the daylight-saving period.
At all other times dogs must be kept under effective control by either a two (2) metre lead or by voice command. The dog must also be in close proximity to the person with the person being able to see the dog at all times.
Your dog is considered to be under effective control if:
- You can see your dog at all times.
- You are able to control your dog in any circumstance.
- Your dog is in close proximity to you.
- Your dog does not run up to other people or animals without permission.
- Your dog does not chase, harass or cause a nuisance to any person, animal or bird.
- This may mean that to be under effective control your dog needs to be on a lead at all times.
Q: Any Other Questions?
Answer: Please send us an email, text or just call us (ph: 0408 818 413). We are always very happy to answer your questions.