Here are the answers to our most Frequently Asked Questions. If there’s a question you have that isn’t answered here, please get in touch with our friendly team via email, live chat or phone.
Q: How do we book?
Answer: You can book on this website – there is a “Check Rates/Dates” button on each property description page. This takes you to our booking system where you can enter your dates and see all available properties, or just check the calendar for one property. Alternatively, you can email us with your booking request and we will email you back a quote.
If you’re not sure which property will best suit your holiday requirements, just send us a booking concierge request or give us a call. Our awesome customer service team will find you the perfect property for your perfect holiday.
Q: How do we pay for our booking?
Answer: There are three ways to pay:
Bank Transfer – transfer the funds directly to our bank account. You will see our bank account details when you use our booking system or they will be in the email we send you when we quote.
Credit card – you can pay by MasterCard or Visa over the phone. There is a 1% bank fee.
BPAY – the payment details are generated when you make a booking online or by request to our customer service team.
More information about payments can be found on our Booking Payments page.
Q: Is linen supplied?
Answer: Yes it is! We supply all bed linen for the specified number of people. The only thing you need to bring are towels and your own sheet or rug to cover furniture (beds, sofas etc) if your dog or cat is likely to get up on the furniture.
Q: What else do you provide?
Answer: A full list of all the things we provide at the house will be sent to you in the information pack, once your booking is confirmed. We will also suggest some things you might want to bring with you.
Basically though we provide:
- All furniture
- All appliances
- All bed linen
- All kitchen requirements (crockery, cutlery, cooking equipment)
- Entertainment (tv, books, dvds, cds, games)
- Outdoor living requirements (furniture, BBQ etc)
- At some properties, recreational equipment such as billiard table, table tennis table, kayaks.
Q: Are all properties fully fenced and how high are the fences?
Answer: All our properties are 100% pet friendly and so are fully fenced. However, the fence height and type of fence varies at each property. .
- 18 Franklin Parade Encounter Bay – the backyard is completely enclosed with 1.8M zincalume fencing. There is no gap underneath the fence or between panels. The backyard is paved. The front yard has lawn but isn’t fenced.
- 71 Seaview Rd Victor Harbor – the backyard is completely enclosed with 1.8M colour bond fencing. There is no gap underneath the fence or between panels. The backyard is mainly paving and garden. There is a pergola for shade.
- 6 Eaton Rd Goolwa Beach – at the back of the house, a lawned area is fully fenced. At its lowest point, the fence is approx 1.2M high. This part of the fence is pool fencing. Most of the fence is corrugated iron.
- 22 Colman Rd Goolwa South – in the backyard, at its lowest point, the fence is approx 1.2M high. The fencing is different in different parts of the garden. The front yard has a very low wire fence – about 600mm. There is an area at the back that is lawn, and the front yard is lawn.
- 21 Rosetta Tce Port Elliot – the back yard is fully fenced. The fence is dog proof wire fencing and is approx 1.2M high. The back yard is garden. There is a big park across the road for dogs that love a good run on grass.
- 16 Krill Court Encounter Bay – The property has a rear, fully fenced lawned area, accessible form the deck via a boardwalk. This is the perfect place for dogs to have a fully secure run! The fence is approx 1.2M high.
- 46 Islander Dr Encounter Bay – there is a courtyard area at the side of the house that is completely enclosed to about 1.8M. There is a very small gap underneath the two gates (one at either end of the court yard). The rear yard (facing the lake) is fully fenced but on the lake side it has a low pool fence of approx 900mm. The back yard is lawn.
- 12 Solitude Dr Carrickalinga – the rear yard (facing the ocean) is fully fenced but at its lowest point the fence is approx 900mm. There are some small gaps under this fence also. The backyard is garden. The front yard has lawn but it is not fenced.
- 1 Gregory St Port Elliot – the property is fully fenced with a maximum height of approx 1.5m colour bond fence at the rear of the property. The side fences are at a maximum height of approx 1.2m. The front of the property is fenced to a maximum height of approx 1m. There is lawn around most of the property.
- 33 Clipper Ct Encounter Bay – there is a courtyard area at the side of the house that is completely enclosed to about 1.8M. There is a very small gap underneath the gate that goes through to the backyard. The rear yard (facing the lake) is fully fenced but on the lake side it has a low pool fence of approx 900mm. The backyard has lawn.
- 10 Bartel Blvd, Enc Bay – the rear yard is fully enclosed with 1.8M colourbond fencing. The small courtyard area is paved.
- 416 Seven Mile Road, Noonameena via Meningie – has wire mesh fencing, about 900mm high. Soil is sandy so a very keen dog could dig under. The gates are rigid mesh.
- 34 Wenworth – The backyard is fully fenced with 1.8M colourbond. The backyard is lawn.
- 29 Stacey Dr Carrickalinga – there is a pool fencing about 1 meter high around the backyard to keep your fur kids safe (Please note that very small dogs could potentially fit through the fence railings).
- 19A Albatross St Hayborough – the backyard is fully fenced with 1.8M colourbond. There is a small lawned area in the backyard.
- 45 St Andrews Blvd Normanville – the backyard is fully fenced with 1.2M Stratco pool fencing. Please note that at this stage very small dogs could get out between the bars until modifications are made.
- 34 Clipper Ct Enc Bay – the rear yard (facing the lake) is fully fenced but on the lake side it has a low pool fence of approx 900mm. The backyard has lawn.
- 7 Glen Allen Rd Middleton – the rear yard is fully fenced with corrugated iron to 1.2M. The yard has a large lawn area.
- 138 Newell Ave Middleton – the rear yard is fully fenced with colourbond to 1.2M. The yard has a large lawn area.
Q: Which properties have baths?
- 46 Islander Drive Encounter Bay – small, square bath
- 18 Franklin Parade Encounter Bay – deep, full bath
- 33 Clipper Ct Encounter Bay – full bath
- 6 Eaton Rd Goolwa Beach – full bath
- 1 Gregory St Port Elliot – full bath
- 6 Eaton Rd Goolwa Beach – full bath
- 416 Seven Mile Road, Noonameena – small bath
- 7 Glen Allen Rd Middleton – full bath
The other properties have showers only.
Q: Are there any properties without stairs?
Answer: We have a few properties that are suitable for people and animals with mobility issues:
- 46 islander Drive – this house has the main living area, kitchen, one bedroom and a bathroom (shower) plus separate toilet on the ground level. There are another two bedrooms, two bathrooms and a second living area upstairs.
- 22 Colman Rd – there is a very gentle ramp up to the main level of the house. Both front and rear decks and most of the house is on this level. However, there is a sunken lounge with one step down from the main level of the house.
- 6 Eaton Rd – there are approx three stairs up to the level of the decks and the house.
- 16 Krill Ct – there are approx three stairs up to the level of the deck and the house.
- 21 Rosetta Tce – there are approx three stairs up to the level of the decks and the house.
- 33 Clipper Ct – this property is all on one level with no stairs front or back (though there is a 40mm door frame for the front door and the rear bi-folds to step over).
- 1 Gregory St Pt Elliot – there is a ramp from the carport up to the level of the house. Once at house level, everything is on one level. Off the front deck, there are two or three steps down to the ground level.
- 416 Seven Mile Road, Noonameena via Meningie – there are two stairs up to the level of the deck and the house. Then everything is on the one level.
- 7 Glen Allen Road Middleton – all living areas, bedrooms and bathroom are at ground level. It has a standalone shower. The games room and the decks are upstairs.
- 29 Stacey Dr Carrickalinga – there are two steps up to the deck and house level. Once up there, everything is on the same level.
- 138 Newell Ave Middleton – the house is all on one level. There is a standalone shower.
The other properties have living areas upstairs and so are not suitable for people or animals with mobility issues.
Q: Which properties are most suitable for cats?
Answer: Cats are very welcome at all properties. We are in the process of netting some outside areas so that visiting cats will have safe and secure outdoor spaces. The first property to have cat netting will be 22 Colman Rd Goolwa South. Stay tuned for updates (or email us to be kept informed about our progress).
Q: Which properties have free internet/wi-fi?
Answer: There are seven properties that have free wi-fi. As of June 2016, the properties with free wi-fi are:
- 1/18 Franklin Parade Encounter Bay (NBN)
- 46 Islander Dr Encounter Bay (NBN)
- 33 Clipper Ct Encounter Bay (NBN)
- 21 Rosetta Terrace Port Elliot (NBN)
- 1 Gregory St Port Elliot (NBN)
- 16 Krill Ct Encounter Bay (NBN)
- 3/18 Franklin Parade Encounter Bay (NBN)
- 9 Boult St Goolwa Beach (NBN)
- 22 Colman Rd Goolwa South (NBN)
- 138 Newell Ave Middleton (NBN)
- 34 Wentworth St Wentworth (NBN)
- Kensington Rd, Norwood (ADSL2)
Q: Which properties are close to the ocean/lake/river?
- 18 Franklin Pde Encounter Bay – this is esplanade frontage, so it is 30 steps to the beach. Has wonderful ocean views.
- 46 Islander Dr Encounter Lakes – this is on the lake with its own private beach. Beautiful views including at night when the lights reflect off the lake. It is less than 6 mins walk to the beach (flat).
- 138 Newell Ave Middleton – beautiful ocean views through a reserve. About 1minute walk to the beach.
- 6 Eaton Rd Goolwa Beach – about 1 minute walk to the beach as it’s right on the sand dunes.
- 12 Solitude Dr Carrickalinga –has incredible sea views and is about a 4 min walk to the beach.
- 21 Rosetta Tce Pt Elliot – its about 5 minutes walk to the beach (up a very slight hill then downhill), and across the road to Lakala Reserve with two small lakes.
- 16 Krill Ct Encounter Bay – located on Jagger Dam, 8 mins walk to the beach (downhill). Has lovely views of the lake and some sea views.
- 22 Colman Rd Goolwa South – 4 mins walk to the Murray River (and the Aquacaf) and approx 20 mins walk to Goolwa Beach.
- 71 Seaview rd Victor Harbor – about 10 mins walk to the beach (downhill).
- 1 Gregory St Port Elliot – located on a reserve and approximately 1.2 kms to the beach.
- 33 Clipper Ct Encounter Bay – this property is on the lake with its own floating pontoon and kayak. Lovely views. It is about a 5 minute walk to the beach (flat).
- 24 Minke Whale, Encounter Bay – overlooking Lake Jagger and offering magnificent sea views of Encounter Bay through to Granite Island about 10-15 walk to the beach.
Q: How many people can stay?
Answer: Our standard rate includes up to 6 people (children and adults). Please let us know if you will have extra people staying and we will advise of the price. Extra people are only permitted up to the capacity of the property.
Q: How many dogs can stay?
Answer: The Victor Harbor council restricts the number of dogs at any residential premises to two. So unfortunately, we can only allow a max of two dogs to stay at our properties in Encounter Bay and Victor Harbor. The other councils do not have the same restriction, so more than two dogs are welcome as long as they do not disturb the neighbours. This applies to properties in Hayborough, Port Elliot, Middleton and Goolwa.
Q: Are there any restrictions on the size of the dog?
Answer: No! You are welcome to bring both your Chihuahua and your Great Dane! Just check the fencing FAQ to make sure that the fencing is suitable for your dog.
Q: Do you do one night stays?
Answer: Only in rare circumstances. It is very difficult to get all the linen washed and dried in less than 18 hours. So we have a minimum of 2 nights ordinarily and 3 or 4 nights at special times (such as long weekends, Easter and Christmas).
Q: Is the cleaning/linen fee optional?
Answer: After guests leave the place as they found it, the property still takes 2-3 hours to clean (it varies for the different sized properties as reflected in the cleaning fee charged) regardless of how long the guests have stayed or how many guests stayed. All surfaces (floors, bench tops, furniture etc) need to be cleaned, bathrooms need to be cleaned, all beds need to be stripped completely and re-made, the outdoor spaces need to be wiped down and swept, any moved items need to be returned to their original location, all lights are checked, and anything else that needs to be done is done. Then there is the dirty linen to be delivered for washing. It costs us more than we charge for cleaning and linen. So it’s not negotiable unfortunately. This way we can guarantee that the property will be 100% fresh and ready for every guest – regardless of who has stayed before them.
Q: How do we get the keys?
Answer: All of our properties either have digital keyless entry systems or key safes. You do not need to pick up the keys from an office on the way to the property. You can arrive at the property at any time after the designated check in time and get immediate access. We will send you instructions for how to get access and the code a few days before your stay.
Q: When will I get my bond back?
Answer: When the cleaner cleans the property after your stay, they also check that it has been left in good order. If all is fine (and it is 99.9% of the time!), your bond will be refunded within 3 working days. If you paid by credit card to us, we will refund your bond to your card. If you paid by bank transfer, please email us your account name, BSB and account no after your stay. If you booked through Stayz or AirBnB, they will refund the bond to you.
Q: I’ve left something at the property. Can you post it back?
Answer: This happens a lot more often that you might think! Each time we post something back we need to pay for postage AND for the cleaners time (and expense) in taking it to the post office, packaging it, posting it, then returning home again. Cost to return will be $20 (for the cleaner) plus the cost of postage. This can be deducted from your bond. Alternatively, you can pick it up from our cleaner at Encounter Bay or Victor Harbor (email us to make arrangements).
Q: Can I have an early check in or late check out?
Answer: Due to the time it takes to clean the properties and the tightness of the cleaning schedules, we are unable to accommodate changes to the checkout/arrival times.
Q: Are dogs allowed on the Beach at Victor harbor?
Answer: In the Victor Harbor Council area, dogs on the beach (where dogs are permitted) must be on a leash between the hours of 10am and 8pm during the daylight saving period.
At all other times dogs must be kept under effective control by either a two (2) metre lead or by voice command. The dog must also be in close proximity to the person with the person being able to see the dog at all times.
Your dog is considered to be under effective control if:
- You can see your dog at all times.
- You are able to control your dog in any circumstance.
- Your dog is in close proximity to you.
- Your dog does not run up to other people or animals without permission.
- Your dog does not chase, harass or cause a nuisance to any person, animal or bird.
- This may mean that to be under effective control your dog needs to be on a lead at all times.
Q: Any Other Questions?
Answer: Please send us an email, text or just call us (ph: 0408 818 413). We are always very happy to answer your questions.